Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Hillary Clinton's Shameless Hypocrisy

Ruth Marcus cringes as Hillary accuses Donald Trump of being sexist. Compared to Clinton's husband, when it comes to abusing females Donald Trump is Wally Cox.
"What is the relevance of Bill Clinton’s conduct for Hillary Clinton’s campaign? Ordinarily, I would argue that the sins of the husband should not be visited on the wife. What Bill Clinton did counts against him, not her, and I would include in that her decision to stick with him. What happens inside a marriage is the couple’s business, and no one else’s, even when both halves crave the presidency.
But Hillary Clinton has made two moves that lead me, gulp, to agree with Trump on the 'fair game' front. She is (smartly) using her husband as a campaign surrogate, and simultaneously (correctly) calling Trump sexist.
These moves open a dangerous door. It should surprise no one that Trump has barged right through it."
Trump is having none of it, which is why he is so popular with a certain cohort of the American public.

Marcus' criticism of Hillary is mostly about her tactics - calling Trump a sexist when her own husband has so much baggage himself. Marcus worries that could backfire. Well, it already has.
Where Marcus misses the boat is that Hillary's tactics allow the other side to criticize HER behavior when her husband behaved badly.

She claims to stand up for all women but when several credible females came forward to say how badly they were treated by her husband, she was part of the Clinton campaign to trash them as liars, sluts and trailer trash.

Earlier this years, Mrs. Clinton said that all women who accuse men of sexual assault deserve to be believed.

As Breitbart's Ben Shapiro wrote after Hillary tweet:
Hillary didn’t just step on this rake. She climbed up a pool ladder, bounced on the high dive, and leapt onto the rake with both feet.
On the very day upon which Breitbart News reported that former Bill Clinton sexual assault accuser Juanita Broaddrick had spoken out about Hillary’s candidacy, Hillary decided to pretend that she’s an advocate for the little people who get raped. Broaddrick alleged on national television that Clinton had raped her in 1978:

Then he tries to kiss me again. And the second time he tries to kiss me he starts biting my lip … He starts to, um, bite on my top lip and I tried to pull away from him. And then he forces me down on the bed. And I just was very frightened, and I tried to get away from him and I told him ‘No,’ that I didn’t want this to happen but he wouldn’t listen to me. … It was a real panicky, panicky situation. I was even to the point where I was getting very noisy, you know, yelling to ‘Please stop.’ And that’s when he pressed down on my right shoulder and he would bite my lip. … When everything was over with, he got up and straightened himself, and I was crying at the moment and he walks to the door, and calmly puts on his sunglasses. And before he goes out the door he says ‘You better get some ice on that.’ And he turned and went out the door.
In the aftermath of the rape, Hillary approached her and essentially threatened her in order to keep her silent, Broaddrick has said.
She told Breitbart News’ Aaron Klein yesterday, “Shame on you, Hillary, that’s disgusting. Shame on you, Hillary. It’s time to be truthful.”
No wonder Democrats are so worried that reminding the public of Hillary's complicity in covering up sex assault accusations could reflect badly on their candidate. Well, it does. And it should.





1 comment: