Monday, January 18, 2016

Happy MLK Day

Why Martin Luther King Jr. disavowed Marxist communism.
This deprecation of individual freedom was objectionable to me. I am convinced now, as I was then, that man is an end because he is a child of God. Man is not made for the state; the state is made for man. To deprive man of freedom is to relegate him to the status of a thing, rather than elevate him to the status of a person. Man must never be treated as means to the end of the state; but always as an end within himself."
He had a "dream." It wasn't Marxism.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Gil. I still follow Delco. Perhaps you can suggest to the Times folks that the community blog posts about Wolf's transition team and Ebola being a plane ride away might be taken down. Even Chris Christie has abandoned that one. Hope all is well. I am happily retired. Joe Selfridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good suggestion. You should suggest it yourselfridge. Cheers

      Delete